Papers must be submitted electronically at the following web page address:
Manuscripts are evaluated on the understanding that they have been submitted solely to the JFMI and that they have not been previously published/accepted nor submitted for publication either in whole or in part.
Papers must be in PDF format. The submitted paper must be anonymous and should begin with the paper title, followed by an abstract of no more than 150 words. Subject keywords and JEL codes (a maximum of five) are also required.
Please make sure that you remove all identifying information from the paper (including References and Footnotes).
Manuscripts should not exceed 35 pages in length, inclusive of all parts of the paper (tables, figures, footnotes, references, and appendices).
The text should be in single-column format, double-spaced in Times New Roman 12pt font, with 2.5 cm margins.
All illustrations, figures, and tables must be placed within the main text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. They must be numbered consecutively with Arabic numbers and titled; titles should clearly explain the contents.
Footnotes should be kept to a minimum and should be numbered consecutively throughout the article, using superscript Arabic numerals.
The papers should be divided into sections and sub-sections (up to three levels), and each section should be numbered and given a brief heading.
The text must be written in clear, grammatically-acceptable English. After the paper has been accepted for publication, the Editorial Board may ask the author to have his/her manuscript proof-read by a professional proof-reader indicated by the JFMI at the author’s expense.
References to publications should be as follows:
‘Smith (1992) reported that ...’ of ‘This problem has been studied previously (e.g., Smith et al., 1969)’.
The author should make sure that there is a strict one-to-one correspondence between the names and years in the text and those on the list. The list of references should appear at the end of the main text (after any appendices). It should be listed in alphabetical order by authors’ name.
References, prepared according to the Harvard system, should appear as follows:
- Hawawini, G. and Swary, I. (1990). Mergers and Acquisitions in the U.S. Banking Industry: Evidence from the Capital Markets. Amsterdam: North-Holland.
- Blinder A.S. and Solow R.M. (1999) ‘Analytical Foundations of Fiscal Policy’, Journal of Finance, XXV, pp. 47–54.
Any manuscript which does not conform to the above instructions will be returned to the author before starting the review process.
Unsolicited manuscripts must be accompanied by a submission fee of EUR 50.
When resubmitting a paper, please include each reply to the referee and/or the editor in separate PDF document. If you have replies for two or more referees, each of these should be contained within its own document.
The Editorial Board reserves the right to ask the author to have his/her manuscript proof-read by a professional proof-reader as indicated by the JFMI at the author’s expense.
Once the paper has been accepted, the Publisher will notify the authors of the official style-guidelines for publication.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items. Any manuscript which does not conform to the above instructions will be returned to the author before starting the review process.
- The paper has not been previously published/accepted nor submitted for publication either in whole or in part.
- The submission files are in PDF format.
- The paper does not exceed 35 pages in length.
- The text is in single-column format, double-spaced in - Times New Roman 12pt font, with 2.5 cm margins; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal section.
- All identifying information has been removed from the paper (including References and Footnotes) and the paper is anonymous.
- The author(s) has(ve) chosen the Department where they would like to submit the paper.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 50.00 (EUR)
Authors are required to pay an Article Submission.
Submission Fee Waiver Policy is disclaimed in the Section Editorial Policy.